- The Speech and Language Communication Framework is a free online professional development tool which sets out the key skills and knowledge needed by the children and young people's workforce to support the speech, language and communication development of all children and young people.
- I CAN’s CPD short course looks at how you can support the development of these skills on a day-to-day basis in your setting, and how to spot children and young people who might be struggling to develop these important skills.
- Universally Speaking is a series of booklets for anyone who works with children and young people. The booklets show where children should be with their communication skills at any given age. You can use the booklets to find out whether the children you work with are on the right track, what helps them learn to talk and listen and what to do if you have concerns about any of their communication abilities.
- Afasic have produced a fact sheet to support children who are starting to speak but are struggling to say things clearly.
- The Early Years Service have produced a fact sheet of online resources that promote communication and language in the home learning environment. Consider which resources could work well for you and your community of families.
- Consultations with an Early Years SEND Advisor regarding children experiencing differences with C&L can be requested.