SEN Inclusion Fund
Every local authority must have a SEN inclusion fund to support Early Years providers in meeting the needs of individual children with SEN.
In Buckinghamshire, we are currently planning to transform the way in which young children with SEND aged 0-4 have their needs met. Some of the drivers behind this review have been:
- Changes to the way funding for SEND and for Early Years is allocated
- Acknowledgement that many of the old systems are no longer appropriate
- The need to Identify and discontinue duplicated processes
- One application, one front door, to share information and agree on support requirements
- Improve outcomes for children with SEND
A multi-agency working group are developing the criteria for eligibility to the SEN Inclusion Fund (which will support children accessing their 2, 3 & 4-year-old funded entitlement), which will replace High Needs Block Funding. The current High Needs Block Funding support will remain until the revised system is in place.
Access to forms and information and guidance on requesting support is available from the SEND and Inclusion web pages